Saturday 29 December 2012

The nail mission, cheap as chips!

Hello Bloggers!
As you may have already gathered, I am a total nerd when it comes to a lot of things, but my favourite subject by far does not involve books that resemble concrete slabs or mystical instruments that look positively medieval. Nope, my favourite subject involves chemicals- but it isn't science, it involves creative skill but it isn't technology, it involves precision but it isn't sport. My favourite beauty subject is, in a word, NAILS.
I have a vast collection of brushes, accessories and colours for my nails, which I am constantly being reminded is trivial for decorating the dead keratin that is growing out of the end of my fingers, but hey-ho?! I am always coming up with and doodling on a note pad, different designs I could produce, because I get inspiration from the weirdest and most insignificant of things. Like the design below, which I thought of after my bracelet got caught and broke on a fence:')
 

I know right?! I'm weird but you love me;).
 
 
 This is what I used to make the nails: the old chain of a broken bracelet, clippers, a KONAD nail art stamping plate with stamp and scraper, £1 Primark French fake nails and three nail polishes:
a glittery Barry M that I picked up from the Clothes Show, a Yes Love baby pink polish I got from the market in France for about 2 euros, and a KONAD Special Nail Polish in pure white which I found for just a pound at a sale!
First of all, I painted the originally French nails with the Yes Love pink polish- and properly lacquer it on because the tips on fake french nails are stubborn! Then I used my KONAD stamping plate to create the fence-like grid all across the nail- like a cage. When this had properly dried, I added a clear coat to seal it in, then set about cutting the broken chains with regular nail clippers. I ran out of nail glue so I just used a thick line of the glittery Barry M polish to stick the chains along the bottom and voila! Chic, caged nails. Enjoy!
Love Elise x


 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. thank you! I will try to upload a picture of them actually glued on tomorrow:) dont forget to follow my blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely idea. So creative:)

    Love,
    Eccentric Connoisseur
    www.eccentricconnoisseur.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much! I'd love to return the favour if you followed my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful! xx

    armariodedanielle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete