Monday 26 November 2012

The Crinoline Cage

For centuries, the crinoline cage was used by ladies as a sort of underskirt, like we use petticoats or tutu skirts now. It was the height of sophistication, adding to the height of the dress, and such a  practical invention...
 
 
But as new fashions came along, and women started to opt for a sleeker finish to their outfits, the crinoline cage was abandoned, waaaaah!
But my question is, why? I love this thing! And I wish I had a version of it for my own... I think people looked at this, it has to be said, useful monstrosity, and thought it was just to much effort- but isn't all fashion?
I'm on a mission to get the cage back- and no I'm not talking about grand, royal ballgowns with enough frills to choke Little Bo Peep, but a way of volumising our look without layer upon layer of tulle...
So jump on board and save the cage!
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment